Pages

Thursday, April 4, 2019

Share Barfing

Share barfing.

Because that's what I'm about to do. To YOU!

I feel like I'm just bursting forth with so much I want to share!

(I feel like this is one of those posts I'm going to look back on and wonder if I had had too much coffee....so future me, no extra coffee was had this morning.  You were just feeling the zing of spring!)

I guess I haven't' been in the mood for sharing here lately.  Things have been shifting and transitioning.

So much has happened, it seems like!

You know, last year, when winter gave way to spring, I felt a mourning for it's loss.

I wasn't ready to let go of the quiet, calm, stillness of winter.

I wasn't ready to let go of the   s  l  o  w.

But this year it feels different.  Maybe it was that week and a half of gray days that made me feel ready for sunshine and growth.

Either way, it seems like I'm feeling myself shift with the season this year.

Last week I did so many new things!

I tried out a gym for the first time. 

I took Flora to Tigers for Tomorrow. 

We went to the newly opened park down town. 

I put on skates at the skating rink for the first time since I was a teenager.

I even prepped my food for the whole week on Sunday.

WHAAAAA?!  I NEVER DO THAT!

(*pats self on back*)

AND, I'm happy to report that with my meals being not only prepped, but healthy, I haven't had the insane craving for sugar that I normally have

on a daily basis.

Like I'm pretty sure I have an addiction to sugar sometimes.

But I haven't had that this week. 


::B O R I N G  A L E R T::


I prepped egg muffins for my breakfast, zucchini muffins for my early snack (made with almond and oat flour instead of wheat or refined flour- things I consider luxuries and normally don't splurge on), salads full of raw vegetables and fruit and nuts for my lunch, and quinoa with veggies for my evening snack- that I seasoned with cumin and garlic powder because I knew that shit was gonna be bland.

It took me half of my Sunday, but it actually felt good  to do it.

I've been exercising more....buuuuuut meditating less. 

In fact, today is the first day in over a week I've sat down to meditate for a full 10 minutes.... and almost all I could think about was getting on here and typing up all of these things-haha!

So, yeah, I think my energy is shifting with the seasons.

I'm all buoyed up on that spring vibration, ya heard!

I even took a yard walk today and felt ready to cut and dry some herbs again!

Oh!  And taking it back a little, the second Monday in March was my first ever Curiosity Club meeting!

Man, did I learn some stuff about myself there.

So far, I've only taught a garden class to kids at the library.

This was meant to be a discussion group for adults around topics of our humanity.

I was a littler nervous about taking the lead and wanted it to be an organically formed discussion......but when it was all said and done I was really unhappy with how it went.

I don't think anyone else was, so there's that.

But it made me realize that I had expectations that I didn't know I had when they weren't met.

All in all, I think it was awesome because it let me know what did and didn't feel right, and I was able to be more up front with myself about what I want it to be.  So next week we're going to do it a little different.

And Emotional Intelligence is my new hyper-interest.

I just feel like it is at the base of so much of what interests me, so I've set out to learn as much as I can because I'm pretty sure it's what I want to advocate for in this life.

And, well, ya know, to help me out, too.

It's funny, because without knowing what to call it, it's kind of what I've been writing about on here for a while now.

Oh, another new thing- I subscribed to Seth Godin's blog. 

I love it!  It's short little wisdom snippets daily.  I normally don't like anything to show up in my email that regularly, but they really are short and sweet and to the point.

I've also been listening to a lot of Tom Bilyeu's relationship theory.

Well, I'll weirdly conclude with that.  I'm about to go get Flora from school, then it's off to herb snippin'.

You guys been up to anything new?  You know I love a conversation 💛.

No comments:

Post a Comment