Pages

Friday, March 16, 2018

"Sistering" and Anne Quotes (no really, that's what it's about today)

Ya know, the last two weeks I knew what I wanted to write about.

My thoughts took a straight path forward.

There were even a few days I considered writing more than once a week because I had thoughts that WANTED to entertain these pages.

But this week.....hmm...well there have been a few fluttering concepts.

The first being sisterhood.

That one's pretty easy to see because I was still riding the high I got from Sunday's first sister circle meeting.

I met two of my closest* lady friends at Panera Bread for coffee (and lemon water in some cases) and deep discussion.  (*how many of you want to read this as "closet" right now?)

Let.me.tell.you.

I hang out with these two gals more regularly than I do most people, so you know I get a lot of enjoyment from each's company already; but there is just something about gathering all together.

I actually think it could be possible that this meeting is responsible for my lack of drag from daylight savings time (yeah.. you know what I mean, don't you?)

Or maybe it was from those last few weeks of grueling emotional agony that lead up to it?  Maybe I just got it over with early?

Either way, I was actually nervous that I had made it for that day, figuring I WOULD be dragging.

But shiz was set and I didn't wanna change it! (whoo adrenaline!)

Good thing, too.  Had I not stuck to it, I may not have a reason to use a kickass word like au-spicious.

That's right!  Because I can actually refer to it as "an auspicious occasion." 

The tiny little Anne of Green Gables living inside of me is doing a happy dance :D

Which leads me to the fact that I am FI-NA-LY reading it!

Leading into the next idea that has occupied my mind this week.

I started reading a copy that we have at our library because I loved the brightly colored pictures that accompanied the story every 20 pages or so.  Then I noticed it had left a word out of one of my favorite Anne quotes, and decided this must be an adapted copy of some kind.


(The disarming miss-quote in the colorful version of this book was "But if you have ideas you have to use big words to express them, haven't you?"  It just doesn't have the same "kapow")


So I decided to read my own copy instead.  Which is all to the good, because now I can highlight all my favorite parts.

And I do.

Mark can't stand to do that.  Writing or highlighting in a book.  But I do.  I actually think it makes it kinda sacred.

I mean, think about it.

Of course it makes it easier to refer back to it, but it also leaves a part of you imprinted onto the pages for the next soul to find.

I mean, Anne ("with an e") would call it downright romantic, don't  ya think?

And back to Anne.  She is definitely a character, I think, who is into sisterhood. (you see!  I did get that brain of mine((or it got me???)) to come 'round full circle after all!)

So, sistering is a term I once heard a girl use when relating the idea of what it means between females.

She said how in carpentry, sistering is when you use two outer planks of wood

to make a central plank

sturdier.

I thought that was pretty neat. ( Possibly because I had never heard of sistering as a method used in carpentry.)

I mean I don't even know if you can refer to something like that as a metaphor because it is actually pretty darn literal.

I mean, who are we to think we are such unique beings, huh?  Here we are easily related to planks of wood!  Ha!

But really, support is pretty much always a good thing to have. (unless you're diabolical.  there are always exceptions...)

So, as someone who likes talking to just about everyone, I have come to realize-maybe only in the past year even-  how important it is to have a support group- like more than one- that also connects with you on a deeper level.

And then back to whereish  this whole thing started.

Having a circle of other females around you just changes the game.  It really does.

There is something to multiples.  There really is.

So whatcha think?  Do you ever feel more empowered or charged or excited (or whatever word makes you totally amped up) when you hang out with a good group of gals/friends?

No comments:

Post a Comment