Pages

Saturday, May 12, 2018

Maybe Magic is Simple

Is it possible that magic is just really very simple?

That only my lens of expectation has kept me from experiencing it more in my life?

Maybe the magic is simply acknowledging the simple.  Maybe it comes when you really SEE it for what it is.

These were thoughts I had while burning Sage.  Not White Sage-I have none of that.  Just culinary Sage.  What's already here with me.

I'm not trying to clear spirits.  I'm not trying to cleanse auras.  I just really love watching the smoke dance.




And the smell.  It. Is. Divine.

I'm not gonna lie.  I was introduced to burning Sage through some witchy* ways, but at the end of the day, I realize, I just enjoy it.  No broomsticks cauldrons strings attached.

I've even figured out that the smaller, silvery leaves smell best when burned. :D

So I thought that maybe my enjoying the smoke's fragrant dancing WAS the magic.

Or, more so, that my acknowledging that enjoyment

-completely-

was the magic.

Maybe the disappointment only comes when I'm trying to force it.

And then, why?  Because I'm trying to rush it?  Because I'm not allowing myself to slow down?

Probably.

It is definitely true that I am most likely to find it in the moments when I do slow down.  When I take time to notice what's around me.

Or, at least, that's been my experience.

The more I think of it, the more I think that I'm a being that likes to take my time,

and yet,

I don't always let myself do that.

I'm no overachiever.

I'm no fast-paced, serial accomplishment-er.

How do I frame that so that it is a strength?  How do I keep myself from nagging that part of me to do more?  To be more?

How much of the "do more, be more" do I need to listen to?

These are legit things I'm still figuring out.  As far as I can tell, there isn't a map.

And still, to think that even when I'm distracted by trying and grasping and running and going....the magic is still there.....

It feels really liberating!

I mean really.  It's always there!  Waiting to be found.

Just like how all of nature, even if you don't see it, it still sees you, right?!

Man, this thought really excites me!

I'm going to have to remember this the next time I'm down in the dumps....

How about you?  When is it that you really feel the magic?

*A note on the word "witchy": I feel the need to say that, here, the term "witch" may not be what you have conceived of it to be.  My thoughts on the word have far expanded past what they once were.  Needless to say, I don't believe in magic spells, but I do believe in the natural magic that lies in wait all around us.  If you believe in magic spells, I have no judgement for you, I've just never connected with that sort of thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment