Pages

Saturday, May 5, 2018

Stillness, Struggles, and Snuggles

Coming out of some yoga and meditation I'm still feeling pretty chill.  I'm left thinking thoughts like:

What if I look at my inner struggle as a super power?

What if I always remind myself that I desire expansion?

What if I always let myself have stillness when I need it?

What if I ask myself every day what it is I need to be healthy?

What if I surrender to each moment as it comes, when it feels out of my control?

What if I say 'No' more?

You know, I almost forgot about writing this week.    Then when I thought about it, I thought about skipping it.

Then I let myself have movement and stillness and here I am.

I'm currently excited about the beginning of a new collage.  This one allowed me a lesson in accidental creative limitation-haha!

I laugh because I got really upset when I "fucked up" my central piece.  Let me explain:

She was so perfect!...........then I used the damned wet glue.

Suffice it to say I went through a few improves and panics before I got to a place I felt good about.

 In fact, I kinda think she's the
 flipping shit now!

As you can probably see, she isn't finished nor glued down yet-thus the shadows.  And try not to judge the poor quality cell phone photo here....

I just really don't think I'd thought to put the snake across the face and body had I not "botched it."

Yay for botching it!

So now, going forward with my day, I'm trying to figure how to lean into this gloomy grayness.

Sometimes it soothes me, sometimes it makes me feel cramped.  

Today......it makin' me feel cramped, yo!

But that's ok.  I tried to consider what would expand the day out for me. 

This morning it was some time alone in Flora's tree house.

For this evening I've voted for some healthy snacks (but ones where chocolate chips ARE included), a comforting family movie (probably something of the Studio Ghibli variety), and a good ol' fashioned no-nonsense snuggle with my favorite two peeps.

Anyone else out there like to lean into the cozy on a gray day?  What do you like to do?

No comments:

Post a Comment